We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From paris to brussels

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
From paris to brussels

Can anyone help on how to get from paris to brussels (Central station)? What are the cheapest and fastest options?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From paris to brussels

Go by train: www.thalys.com

For the best price, book as soon as tickets go on sale, 3 months before travel.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
587 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From paris to brussels

Thanks, sydneynick. You were very helpful when I had to book travel from Paris to Avignon last year. Now I am trying to help a friend who will be traveling between Paris to Brussels. I just used the Thalys link you provided above and got considerably higher fares than when I had used the sncf website the other day (29 euros vs 87 euros!).

Can we instead use the sncf site to purchase tickets? As I will not be traveling with my friend I want to do my best to make sure she doesn't run into any complications. Still, if I can save her over 50 euros per ticket that would buy a nice meal in Brussels!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From paris to brussels

If the cheap fares are still on the SNCF web site, then by all means book there. But it may be that the really cheap fares sold out.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From paris to brussels

<I am trying to help a friend who will be traveling between Paris to Brussels>

You can also try the Belgian Railways website http://www.b-europe.com/Travel

To: Bruxelles-Midi (Be) (Brussels)

All the websites should show you the same price for the same journey on the same day.

Edited: 23 July 2013, 12:25
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
587 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From paris to brussels

Okay, thanks. If we are able to book the sncf fare does my friend need to convert it to a "real ticket" once she's in Paris? That is my recollection of what we had to do last year when we traveled to Avignon. Thanks again for your help, sydneynick.

Thanks also for your suggestion, Colin56!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,203 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From paris to brussels

I am not sure. Go to the SNCF web site and see what is offered.

7. Re: From paris to brussels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 07:44