We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Avignon, France for next summer and it's always difficult to find a room with a complete ensuite bathroom (bath/shower AND toilet), especially in Europe. Any recommendations? I'll sort through the pricing afterward.

Thanks!

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

You have not made it clear how long you intend to be in Avignon in the Summer of 2014, and, in order for us to make valid recommendations, we really need to know the duration of you stay.

It sounds like the last time you were in Avignon was quite awhile ago, maybe as a college student, and perhaps staying in someone's home or apartment, as opposed to staying in a hotel.

Today, I cannot imagine that finding a hotel room without an ensuite bathroom would be an issue - however, if you are looking to rent a room in somebody's home, for an extended period, that's a whole other issue, which will require alot of research on your part, unless you are lucky enough to find someone on this Forum who has recently delt with the same issue.

Hope to hear from you soon with more details regarding your trip.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,687 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

I'm curious where you've found all of these accommodations without an en-suite bathroom?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

Thank you for your response. This will be my first time in Avignon . . . first time in France. I am thinking of staying three days in Avignon.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

Actually, many of the hotels I am seeing on Tripadvisor, after doing further research on their actual websites, show that the rooms only have a shower or bathtub.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 04:02
Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,687 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

I'm so confused. Are you Nadia or Ellie? If a listing says shower or tub, that usually means a shower or tub , plus a sink and toilet. Some specifics will be helpful. Can you post links to these hotels that only have an en-suite shower or tub? That makes no sense at all.

You may find some 1 or 2 star hotels with a bath down the hall but if you look at 3 star or higher hotels they should have an en-suite. And many 2 stars too.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,909 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

I think the OP wants both a shower and a tub in the ensuite.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

Hello F1racegirl,

I'm the same person under those two aliases, so don't get confused. Like I said before, I have done some research by going into certain hotel websites (ones that have been recommended on Tripadvisor) and you do have to be careful because some hotels only provide a shower or tub in the room while the toilet is shared. Have you not been to Europe?

The goal of my question is to gain specific names of hotels with complete ensuite bathrooms from those of you on Tripadvisor who have stayed in these hotels and recommend them. I will then look them up and decide on pricing. I just need names of hotels in Avignon. Have you stayed in any that have what I am looking for and that you would recommend?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

Just to clarify:

I am looking for a hotel in Avignon with both a shower or tub AND a toilet (not shared with other guests) in the hotel room.

No worries on how many stars or pricing. If you could please just recommend names of hotels, I will do further research and make a selection.

Thanks!

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

Have a look at these two to see if they suit you.

http://www.avignon-grand-hotel.com/en/

As far as I know all the bathrooms at the Avignon Grand Hotel have both bath, shower and toilet, some have more than one full bathroom.

cloitre-saint-louis.com/uk/…les-chambres.php

I like this location more than the Avignon Grand. I believe nearly all of their rooms have both shower, bath and toilet in the bathrooms (few exceptions).

There are others too.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for accommodations in Avignon with complete ensuite

I wasn't sure about Hotel d'Europe (as I live here, I haven't stayed at the hotel, but have been inside and to the restaurant), so I picked up the phone and called them. They said that nearly every one of their rooms have bathtub, shower and toilet, few exceptions. They are not taking reservations for next summer yet. They said to contact them towards the end of November to reserve summer 2014.

It is in one of my favorite locations in Avignon. Steps from just about any and everything. Located on a very pretty square. A bit pricey though.

http://www.heurope.com/fr/index.php