We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris

3 posts
Save Topic
Paris

Me and my boyfriend are looking to go to Paris in December for a romantic Christmas trip as we've heard the lights, scenery and ice skating are amazing at that time of year. We want to visit the Eiffel Tower, the churches and possibly the "Love Lock" bridge. We have no idea whereabouts to stay or if even going in December is the best idea for site seeing. Also our budget is about £200-£300. Any advice anyone can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris

<<Also our budget is about £200-£300>>

When in December? How long do you want to stay for? Where are you travelling from? How do you want to travel - train/plane?

A little bit more information will help us to help you.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris

We haven't decided on a specific date but it will most likely be the start of December as its hard to get Christmas time off work. We want to stay for 2 nights and 3 days traveling by plane from the UK. Thanks

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris

<<Also our budget is about £200-£300>>

For what? Everything? Not including airfare, I assume, but everything else? For both of you?

That seems close to impossible for 3 days, unless you stay in really cheap hostels and eat picnic-type food from supermarkets and don't drink and don't go to museums or sites that charge admission.

I would stay away from the Love Lock Bridge. It's of sociological interest, I suppose, but basically a site that has been vandalized by people who don't understand that they are desecrating a beautiful ancient bridge of one of the most lovely cities of Europe.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris

You seem to have misunderstood, I asked for advice on what area/hotel I should stay in to be able to visit the places I mentioned above, I thought it was clear I meant budget for accommodation only.

I'm really quite interested in seeing the Love Lock bridge but thanks for your input.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris

Actually, you didn't make that clear. All you said was <<Also our budget is about £200-£300>>

You didn't state that that was the budget for accommodations only.

To get informative assistance, it's helpful to provide details. Up to you.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,654 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris

It's also helpful if you can provide your budget in euros, since that's the currency in France. Without looking it up I have no idea what the conversion rate of £ to € is.

It's fine to see the love lock bridge(s) but please do not add a lock to the vandalism. The weight of these hunks of metal is destroying the bridges.

7. Re: Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 05:17