We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orangerie exhibition railway artist

Leeds
Level Contributor
3 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Orangerie exhibition railway artist

A few years ago, maybe 2009, I saw work by what I think was an American artist in the temporary exhibition space in the basement of the Orangerie. The work featured industrial landscapes and mainly railway scenes. Does anyone by any chance know the artists name.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Essex
Level Contributor
30,026 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orangerie exhibition railway artist

There is an e-mail address for the Orangerie here...

http://www.musee-orangerie.fr/

Why not contact them, and ask direct? It is pretty certain someone there will be able to help you...

Leeds
Level Contributor
3 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orangerie exhibition railway artist

Thanks, I will give that a go, it just seems such a vague request for a large organisation to deal with, I was hoping for serendipity to come to my aid.

Essex
Level Contributor
30,026 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orangerie exhibition railway artist

Well, in the UK most Museums and Galleries have a list of their past exhibitions somewhere....

May not be the same in France, of course, but I would expect they do! If you give them the date of your visit, I hazard a guess that they will have the answer...

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orangerie exhibition railway artist

<Well, in the UK most Museums and Galleries have a list of their past exhibitions somewhere....>

Here is the list of past exhibitions on the Orangerie website - at first glance, there does not seem to be anything that corresponds to the OP's description musee-orangerie.fr/pages/page_id19487_u1l2.h…

Essex
Level Contributor
30,026 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orangerie exhibition railway artist

Dang! I looked for that on their website, but couldn't find it, hence my suggestion to contact direct... Maybe the OP will recognise something though!

Leeds
Level Contributor
3 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orangerie exhibition railway artist

So did I before I posted here as a last resort. The exhibitions are managed from the Museé D'Orsay, I searched their website too.

7. Re: Orangerie exhibition railway artist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 05:17