We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Schengen tourist visa - help

Hi, I'm planning to apply for short stay schengen tourist visa in France embassy in UK along with my partner. We have booked appointment slots one immediately after another. In the hotel reservation mail, I have only my name on it. Will this be fine as proof of stay and do I need to edit to include her name as well. Cheers, Kris

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schengen tourist visa - help

<In the hotel reservation mail, I have only my name on it. Will this be fine as proof of stay and do I need to edit to include her name as well.>

I doubt if this is a problem. I assume the hotel reservation shows that it is for 2 people. As you are going to an appointment in person, each of you can take along a copy of the hotel reservation, and explain to the person who interviews you that you are travelling together.

You should not try to change the details on the e-mail yourself. If you are still worried, you could contact the hotel and ask them to send a second reservation confirmation which mentions both your names.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schengen tourist visa - help

<do I need to edit to include her name as well>

As I said in post 1, don't try to change the information on the e-mail you received from the hotel.

Another suggestion:

Your partner could write and sign a simple note (e.g. "I am travelling with [your full name] who has also applied for a visa") and attach it to her copy of the hotel reservation e-mail. In this way, the Consulate could cross-reference the two applications.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Schengen tourist visa - help

Thanks for this information. Cheers

4. Re: Schengen tourist visa - help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 07:21