We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

western sydney
2 posts
Save Topic

Hi I'm from Aus and i have been in France nearly 3 months but my return flight home isn't until December which means 6 months in Europe i recently found out that i cant stay more than 90 days

and i don't want to be deported fined or especially banned so i need help rather desperately

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
502 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,183 Reviews
from US$108.80*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
789 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
628 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Level Contributor
29,380 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: overstay

Get a sooner flight, then.

You probably can "trade" your ticket, but you need to contact your airline direct, and in good time.

Next time you travel, make sure you know ALL the legalities before you book anything, or set off.

Level Contributor
1,290 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: overstay

Quoted from the FAQ section of …gouv.fr/en/…sommaire_12

" May I extend my stay in France after the visa has expired ?

If you remain on French territory after your visa has expired, you run the risk of having to pay a fine and/or of having an alert recorded against you when you leave the French territory. In such a case, the consulate would process any further visa applications you may submit in the light of your overstaying the visa.

Consequently, if you consider that you are obliged to extend your stay in France after your visa has expired for reasons of force majeure, you must, before the date of expiry of your visa,

- submit an application for “prolongation de visa” (visa extension) with documentary evidence to the prefectural authority in your location ;

- comply with the decision taken by the prefectural authority. "

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: overstay

You say that you your ticket home is in December. Are you leaving from France to return home? I ask because you say "more months in Europe" and not France. If you want to stay in Europe but are not wedded to staying in France, you could leave France before your automatic 90 day stay for Schengen area countries expires and spend the rest of your trip in non-Schengen area countries like the UK and Croatia and non-EU European countries. Of course, you would have to check to see if they have visa requirements for Australian nationals. I know that Croatia does not have such a requirement. See http://croatia.visahq.com.au/.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
27,862 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: overstay

If you're coming to Ireland you won't need a visa. It might be worth while considering.

western sydney
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: overstay

thankyou all for being so quick im new to travelling so pretty clueless so i think ill head to croatia for a bit then head to ireland and maybe the uk

cheers really big help! :)

6. Re: overstay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 06:22