We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mephisto factory

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
63 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Mephisto factory

We will be driving from Zurich to Reims on October 17. We are fans of Mephisto shoes and it looks like their home office is nearly on our route. Does anyone know if there is a factory tour? Is there a factory store?

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mephisto factory

…wordpress.com/.../mephisto-shoe-factory-tou

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,992 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mephisto factory

I don´t believe that tours are widely available to anyone who passes by the factory. What might be of interest is the factory store located next door. The products are sometimes seconds or end of runs but the prices are but a small fraction of the retail pricing and the flaws, if there are any at all, are too small to matter. Here is the address:

ideoguide.com/lorraine/…12154.html

They are closed on Mondays, open on Tuesdays to Fridays from 9h-12h and from 14h-18h30. They are open all day Saturday from 9h-18h.

Edited: 02 September 2013, 23:31
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,766 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mephisto factory

Are they even made in France anymore? Every Mephisto I pick up to look at origin says, Made in China.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,992 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mephisto factory

Mephisto is indeed made in Sarrebourg, France. Laguiole knives are also made in France but that doesn´t stop cheap imitation of either from being made somewhere else.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,766 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mephisto factory

There is a Mephisto store here in Vancouver but everything I see reads Made in China. Am looking for that elusive "Made in France." It is quite a search. May pay them a visit again and scour the inventory.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,629 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mephisto factory

They say the 'Made in France' label is now only found on shoes exported to Asia, Eastern Europe and the USA. 20,000 pairs a day are hand-made in France (700 employees at the factory) and (since 1987) Portugal (1000 employees), 85% of which are exported.

republicain-lorrain.fr/actualite/2012/01/09/…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,766 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mephisto factory

It's now my mission in life!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
63 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mephisto factory

I emailed mephisto customer service at info@mephistoshoes.com and got the following response: We do not have factory stores, all stores are privately owned. Have things changed? Is there really no factory store in Sarrebourg? Is there still a factory in Sarrebourg?

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,629 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mephisto factory

I would contact mephisto.com, not mephistoshoes.com

http://en.mephisto.com/contact/contact-us

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,629 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mephisto factory

Here is the factory store, listed on the tourist office's website: moselle-tourisme.com/visiter/….UiY4hCsgNcI

I think the person who answered your e-mail did not understand your query.