We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

versailles?

Level Contributor
599 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
versailles?

I am not too far from 2 RER stops. Austerlitz & St Michael's at N Dame. Would there be an advantage to getting on at Austerlitz? Since it further away train might be less crowded? Also at Versailles can you really buy 'tours' to skip que? Price? Otherwise gardens first then palace? Tuesday looks to be my only day.... Also had thought of a night visit on Monday? Suggestions? Thanks.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,629 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: versailles?

I don't see any advantage to taking the RER at Austerlitz. Only a very small minority of people on the train will be going to Versailles and many will be getting off at Saint-Michel. Go to whichever is closest to you and if you are half way between the two go to Saint-Michel.

Also I see no reason for the RER to be crowded if you travel outside rush hour.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 16:14
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: versailles?

There is a good chance you will get more replies if you post on the Paris forum.

3. Re: versailles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 05:16