We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip in mid fen 2014

Pilani, Rajasthan...
12 posts
Save Topic
Trip in mid fen 2014

hey im planning to travel to france,italy and switzerland during mid feb for 12 day... i would like to stay 4 days at each country.. could u suggest me what places to visit. we are two people.. any adventure sports,beaches, clubs and scenic beauty etc. my budget is around 800 euros.. i would mostly traveling by euro rail.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
491 reviews
from US$72.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.60*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.00*
US$334.40
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,183 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip in mid fen 2014

There is no such thing as Euro Rail: it is just a marketing name used to sell over-priced train passes. Buy train tickets from the actual train operators. See the excellent advice at www.seat61.com and especially seat61.com/Railpass-and-Eurail-pass-guide.htm

You cannot possibly see a country in 4 days. You need to sit down with some guide books and work out your priorities.

Pilani, Rajasthan...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip in mid fen 2014

i was thinking bout visiting paris and the go towards southern france, nice as there is a carnival during feb or to marsielle,st.topez and to a ski resort from there. and then to italy.. i dont mind making my trip to 2 countries.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip in mid fen 2014

You need to do the math correctly. Three countries, four days each, does not add up to 12 days. It adds up to 10 or fewer, because you actually have to use a day or so to get between each of them if you can't teleport. Paris, Nice, Marseille, St-Tropez, a ski resort, and Italy doesn't work either unless you have about 3 weeks. Agree that you need to do some detailed research, look at maps, and learn about rail transportation on the website given to you above.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip in mid fen 2014

800 E for 2 people for 12 days or just for you? Also, are you including roundtrip airfare in that?the budget seems low. Are you intending to stay in hostels? Split the cost of a hotel room with your traveling companion?

Pilani, Rajasthan...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip in mid fen 2014

thanks... i was thinking of visiting nice and monaco and then head to rome and venice...and its 800 euro per personand i dont mind stayin at a hostel... so could u suggest were all i can go since i have 10 days to see diff places... and if possible to zurich..

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip in mid fen 2014

10 days...Nice, Monaco, Rome, Venice, Zürich = impossible. You actually have only 6-7 days when you figure in the travel. Plus, you have only 80 euros a day per person, so you can't afford to sleep, eat, and travel between places.Monaco is wildly expensive. So is anywhere in Switzerland. Your plan simply won't work unless you sleep on the streets and hitchhike. Pick one destination. Even then, you won't have enough money to sleep, eat, and visit attractions. Wait until you can afford the trip.

Pilani, Rajasthan...
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip in mid fen 2014

@stcirq i havent included the travelling day. travelling days r separate and i have more euros it was jus a base price... maybe i can cut down the places too.. and i wud be stayin in a hostel and i cud spend upto 120 euros per day.......

8. Re: Trip in mid fen 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 05:19