We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for travel to south of France with 2 kids, 2&4

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestions for travel to south of France with 2 kids, 2&4

We are planning to travel to France in May 2014 with our two kids, ages 2 & 4 and I was hoping for some suggestions for a city to stay in.

We have travelled extensively throughout Western Europe, with and without kids, and are very laid back travellers. We will fly in to Paris, stay 1 night only (we've been many times), and then would like to take the train to a single destination in the south of France. We will rent an apartment and would like to explore by foot mostly. No major museums really, all very laid back - visiting parks, markets, perusing monuments from the outside, eating pastries and maybe some shopping for me:)

Looking at maybe Lyon or Aix... Preferences or alternates?

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for travel to south of France with 2 kids, 2&4

First, I would spend that night in Paris at the end of the trip, not the beginning. It always makes more sense to me to just keep going to the farthest point on Day 1, when I'm kind of a mess anyway, then chill in Paris on the way home. I would head right out on the TGV from the airport to either Avignon or Nice, depending on what part of the south of France (which is huge) you want to concentrate on.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for travel to south of France with 2 kids, 2&4

Thanks stcirque, Avignon or nice, awesome choices. We will be staying overnight in Paris on the way in and again on our way back.

3. Re: Suggestions for travel to south of France with 2 kids, 2&4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2014, 05:18