We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please of where to visit

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Advice please of where to visit

We will be in France in April 2014, most of the itinerary we have worked out now but our last few days we are finding it hard to decide where to go. We are not hiring a car so will be depending on the train and bus systems.

We will in in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue for Easter and have booked our last night at CDG, in between we have 6 nights ,the last three of those we are planning to go to Giverny and stay in the village and visit the garden. We can see the garden on Friday and then on the Saturday when I imagine it will be a lot busier at the garden, is there enough for us to do in the village or surrounds?

The three nights from L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue until we get to Giverny are the ones we can't decide on.

We love gardens, old villages, galleries anything scenic. Can anyone make some suggestions for us please? We'd be so grateful. I hope I have given you enough information.

Thank you in anticipation.

Claude Monet's House and Gardens
Gardens, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Chateau de Villandry
Castles, Gardens, Historic Sites
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice please of where to visit

Three nights in Giverny seems excessive, particularly without a car. Even one night is stretching it out a bit. It's a nice daytrip from Paris. I would add those days to Paris.

You could visit Lyon, a wonderful city, on the way back to Paris from l'Ile-sur-la-Sorgue. Or Dijon or Beaune, or some combination of those.

Edited: 30 November 2013, 17:16
MD
Level Contributor
750 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice please of where to visit

This is a really nice area to visit if you have a car. However, places of interest are just a little too far away to walk to and back from.

Giverny itself is tiny. If you stay there, you can walk from Giverny to Vernon, a nice-sized town. In the other direction from Giverny is La Roche-Guyon, one of France's most beautiful villages (don't take my word for it; there's an official list of about 150 villages). It's quite scenic, set between white cliffs and a bend of the Seine, but it's a longish walk, about 8 km one way so you'd definitely want good weather.

3. Re: Advice please of where to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:17