We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to travel to Paris and France

Longboat Key...
Destination Expert
for Longboat Key
Level Contributor
487 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to travel to Paris and France

Bonjour All, I want to plan a trip to Paris and some other part(s) of France with my wife for maybe 10 - 12 days. We've never been there before. I've always heard "I love Paris in the Springtime". I'd like to go before the tourist crunch hits, but I'd also like to have comfortable weather and maybe seeing flowers in bloom, etc. Can you suggest what the best time of year to go? Mid-late May? Late May to early June? Merci beaucoup!

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to travel to Paris and France

Well, anytime in May or June is usually good, but you know there's this climate change issue that has made it rather difficult to predict what thee weather will be anywhere, anytime.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to travel to Paris and France

May, September, and October--but be warned that in May there are quite a few holidays.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,893 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to travel to Paris and France

I've had good luck weather-wise with my trips in May. Though, you do need to be aware of the holidays as Cattulus mentions. I also like the late sunsets then - it doesn't get dark until 10:00 pm.

Longboat Key...
Destination Expert
for Longboat Key
Level Contributor
487 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to travel to Paris and France

Didn't know about the May holidays. What and when are they and how does that affect travel and sightseeing?

Merci

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to travel to Paris and France

See here:

www.timeanddate.com/holidays/france/2014

Museums might be closed, transportation could be affected, all sorts of possibilities. Residents of France will provide more information for you.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to travel to Paris and France

You'll first consider the school holidays that may imply additional visitors from the provinces to Paris.http://www.lecalendrier.fr/calendrier-2014

As well as the Bank holidays:may 1st, 8th and Ascension.(potential bank holiday week-ends with extra visitors ,too)

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to travel to Paris and France

http://www.lecalendrier.fr/calendrier-2014

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
466 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to travel to Paris and France

Any time that you are able to get away is good. May has many French holidays, August many places close as many Parisians take vacations. Summer has the family tourists, October has the fashion shows.

I just returned from a short stay, but will be return the end of January for two months...

a bientot..

Joan

9. Re: Best time to travel to Paris and France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:18