We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To do list for a week

Dade City, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
To do list for a week

My wife and I are going to Paris in June for our 50th anniversary. We have an Apartment for a week that our daughter rented for us. We'd like to spend an additional week in France and see some of the rural/country side rather than the big city. I'm clueless about France, so would greatly appreciate some advice on some things to keep us busy for a week. I'm a camera buff, so some nice landscapes would be great.

Thanks,

Sam

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,343 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To do list for a week

My best recommendation is that you get a copy of the Michelin Green Guide to France and start narrowing your options. There is a great deal to see in all regions of France, and you can find nice landscapes just about everywhere. We really would need to know more of what interests you to make suggestions, but some work with a guide first would be very helpful for you.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To do list for a week

you might want to look at Dijon, Strasbourg, or the Loire Valley -- all lovely places with loads of picture-perfect camera fodder, and all easily reachable from Paris with a short train ride (1-2. hours in each case)

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To do list for a week

In order to make any sort of valid recommendation(s) regarding another place where you two might want to spend another week, we really need to know a bit more about your interests. For example, if you would like to visit some Roman ruins, you should seriously consider Provence

Hope to hear from you soon.

Oz en Oisans, France
Level Contributor
613 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To do list for a week

Hello,

Another suggestion as you are interested in rural and big landscapes is the French Alps.

By June most of the high cols roads will be open and the lanscapes are stunning. Have a look at our Facebook page for some pictures...

Dade City, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: To do list for a week

Thanks Cattllus,

I ordered the Michael Green book from Amazon.

Sam

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,828 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To do list for a week

Another important consideration will be whether you will rent a car. If you don't you'll need to base somewhere with good public transport connections (train and bus). If you don't have a car there will be lots of places you won't be able to see because they lack a public transport infrastructure and you won't just be able to meander on the beautiful country back roads and see the countryside, which for me is the best part about vacationing in France. You can still have an enjoyable vacation without a car but you'll see and experience much more with a car and you won't have to plan your schedules around the hours of public transport and will be free to see what you want when you want.

7. Re: To do list for a week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:23