We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Paris in February

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Paris in February

Hi all,

I'll be getting married in february 2015 and have been having a hard time deciding on a honeymoon destination. I've always wanted to spend my honeymoon in Paris but am scared of it being too cold. I'm from New Delhi, India so am used to cold weather but definitely not snow. However, try as I might, I just can't get excited about any other destination be it Africa, Australia or South East Asia.

So I guess Paris it is.

Will have a week (excluding travel time) and wanted an input as to whether I should include another city or just stick to Paris. We'll be 25 and 29 at the time, and enjoy shopping, exploring, food, booze and a decent nightlife. Not very into museums, though definitely want to see the sights in Paris.

Any suggestions?

First, should we hit another city or just stick to Paris? We are quite lazy and both of us hate flying. Would prefer trains.

Second, which area should we stay in (INR 150,000 is our budget for a hotel and breakfast). Would like a nice comfy room, don't need spa, pool, restaurants in the hotel etc. Just a nice happening area.

Thirdly, should we think of getting a Metro pass or a Paris pass?

Fourth, is the cabaret Moulin Rouge worth the price?

Lastly, when is the best time to book flight and hotel?

Need all the help I can get.

Thanks and regards :)

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,880 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Paris in February

First of all, congratulations on your impending marriage.

As for the honeymoon.....Why not visit both Paris and London?

You can get a train (Eurostar) from Gare du Nord in Paris and be in London (St.Pancras station) in less than 2.5 hours.

Unfortunately, anywhere on this side of the world in February will be cold and even the most proficient weather forecasting can't predict February 2015.

In the UK we have experienced several inches of snow at that time of year but also mild spring like days of quite warm sunshine. In England alone, it can vary from region to region as we are an island governed by the wind direction.

Pick the city of choice from factors other than the weather and your honeymoon will be a wonderful experience.

Herrin, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Paris in February

Hello Again,

I found the thread! LOL But, I see no activity here. Have you changed your Paris honeymoon destination based on the scary February weather?

3. Re: Honeymoon in Paris in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 07:15