We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris vs London

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
98 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Paris vs London

Hi all, I will be travelling to Paris and London in September 2014. So far I have planned for 8 days in Paris, 3 days in Amsterdam and 10 days in London. I have one extra day that I can allocate to either Paris or London. So far I've been asking friends which city I should stay in longer and have received mixed reviews.

Here's what my partner and I like - museums, history, churches, some shopping and great food. I've never been to Paris or London before so really don't know what to expect. Can anyone please advise which country (Paris or London) I should allocate an extra day to?

I heard that London is easier to get around as people there speak English whereas in Paris they mostly speak French.

I'm open to all tips and advice. Thanks so much :)

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
London
London
England, UK
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,774 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris vs London

You will have no difficulty getting around either Paris or London. Most of the people you encounter in Paris will have at least some English.

Paris and London both offer museums, history, churches, some shopping and great food, so there is not much to choose between.

However, if you mean you are spending 3 nights in Amsterdam, that really means only 2 days. This is a very short time to see a major city, and I would suggest you add a night there.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
London
London
England, UK
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
2. Re: Paris vs London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 07:18