We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Road Trip

Hi all,

Very new to this site.

Me and my family/Friends are taking a road trip to France in June/July this year (2014) there are 4 young adults (25) and a 4 year old child.

We are camping and have already booked the sites, we are staying in :-

Paris for 4 nights

Lyon for 4 nights with a day trip to Barcelona (flights booked)

La Rochelle for 3 nights

and finally Le mans for 3 nights.

Can anybody recommend anywhere to visit whilst on route to any of these places?

Any Driving tips in France, i have used www.viamichelin.com to plan journeys and work out tolls etc but i have never driven abroad before.

We are aware of the regulations with Hi-Viz jackets etc.

Is there any theme/water parks on any of these routes or nice sightseeing destinations.

Any response will be gratefully appreciated,

Regards Martyn

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
490 reviews
from US$73.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$109.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.80*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
21. Re: Road Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 January 2016, 22:03
Essex
Level Contributor
29,117 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Road Trip

Le Mans is OK.

Driving around it for hours is not...

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Road Trip

If you want a trip out from La Rochelle your little one might enjoy Monkey Park. It is south of Poitiers about 1 3/4 hours drive from La Rochelle (depending on wherever you are camping near La Rochelle).

So, if Futuroscope doesn't fit the bill, Monkey Park might. By the way, you should check out the rides if your little one is only 4 years old. Some rides are only available to young children of a certain height.

www.montagnedessinges.com (click to translate if necessary)

24. Re: Road Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 05:19