Hello Fellow Trip Advisors!
My fiancée and I are trying to plan our honeymoon to France. We plan to be there for the last few days of August through to September for approximately 16-17 days. Both of us love French cuisine, wine, food markets, beautiful scenery, ocean/coast, and photography. (This is partly why we fell in love with California-- coast, great wine, mountains, delicious food, etc.) We understand that France has many great things to explore and so it is challenging to determine an itinerary for such a short amount of time. I am hoping that you may be able to help us with this!
Some things to note:
- We are willing to fly within France to save travel time
- We understand that we will probably have to rent a car in many regions
- We would like to try and spend not too much time traveling (ie. 6 hour train ride) as we feel that this will eat into our time spent in France...we would prefer to fly to save time where/when we can
- One thing for sure, both of us have spent time in Paris in the past and so we don't want to go back there again and would rather focus on new areas to explore
Here is the list of areas that we are considering/would like to see if given the chance:
- Nice to Menton
- Monte Carlo (maybe?)
- Alsace (Alsatian wine route?)
- Eze Village
Places that we thought we would like to go see at first but were then later told by our French friend to not bother with:
- St. Tropez
Any feedback on an itinerary would be greatly appreciated!!! Also, if you have any recommendations for dining, wineries, or places to stay are also immensely appreciated.