We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

enough time? CDG to Orly for internal flight

Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
enough time? CDG to Orly for internal flight

Hello

I am flying Easyjet from Naples, arriving into CDG at (hopefully) 11.45am on Wednesday 7 May. I would like to catch a 15.05 (3.05pm) Air France flight and am planning to take the train to Orly airport. Having read the forums it seems less risky for encountering traffic problems, and possibly quicker?

Do you think I have enough time between arrival and departure? Here in Australia they ask you to be checked in 30 mins before departure for domestic flights but I have no experience of France's domestic airline policy etc.

If you could help with some advice that would be most appreciated!

Need to book quickly if possible.

Regards from downunder

Nicky

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.10*
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.20*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
571 reviews
from US$51.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$331.40*
Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
7,061 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: enough time? CDG to Orly for internal flight

It's tight but you should be OK providing EasyJet isn't late.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,715 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: enough time? CDG to Orly for internal flight

It´s every tight. Many here, including myself, recommend a minimum of 4 hours for traveling into Paris from CDG just to catch a train with no check in counter and no security. Trying to travel to the other end of Paris to catch an airplane with far less time is very risky.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,926 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: enough time? CDG to Orly for internal flight

if this is an expensive flight back home then it is far too risky. if it is a cheap internal European flight where you could buy a new ticket if need be, you might chance it.. I think it is foolish to not be in the town of departure for a high stakes flight the night before. what happens if your flight is delayed or cancelled?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: enough time? CDG to Orly for internal flight

<I am flying Easyjet from Naples, arriving into CDG at (hopefully) 11.45 on Wednesday 7 May. I would like to catch a 15.05 Air France flight and am planning to take the train to Orly airport ... Do you think I have enough time between arrival and departure?>

There will be no immigration control (passport check) when you arrive in Paris from Naples, so you can discount that in your time calculations.

5. Re: enough time? CDG to Orly for internal flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 05:16