We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day trip with 11 and 8 year old.

Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
10 day trip with 11 and 8 year old.

We are planning a 10 day trip to France with an 11 and 8 year old. Is it feasible to plan a 10 day trip with:

3 days in Paris; 1 day in Normandy; and remainder in south of France and Monoco? Any input is appreciated!! Thank you!

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 day trip with 11 and 8 year old.

How do you plan to travel? Car? Train? Personally I'd want more time in Paris and no time at all in Monaco, and you'd have to go to Normandy from Paris and then back to Paris to get to the south of France, so no, I'd never do this in 10 short days, but yes, it's feasible.

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,864 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 day trip with 11 and 8 year old.

In addition to the questions raised by StCirq, when are you planning this trip? Do you plan to fly "open-jaw" into Paris and then out of another city? What are you hoping to do/see? What are your interests?

An additional comment: IMO 1 day is not in anyway enough time to spend in Normandy.

If you really want to visit Monaco or the south of France, take the train from Paris and omit Normandy.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,884 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 day trip with 11 and 8 year old.

For this type of trip I do hope that you are flying open-jaws, into Paris and home from Nice.

I'd probably head to Normandy immediately upon arrival and spend 2 nights there. This will give you one full day in the area. Then take the train to Paris for 4 nights and head to Nice by TGV on day 7. It's doable, but a bit too rushed IMO.

4. Re: 10 day trip with 11 and 8 year old.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:15