We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

Just wondering if anyone heard of Suncamp holidays as they are comming up way cheaper than Euro & Key camp. Any info would be much appreciated!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,277 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

No. And I've been going camping in France for a long time.

If they're ABTA bonded and the terms and conditions suit you then you won't have much to lose if you try them.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

Thank you. They are a Dutch company with apareently 40 years of experience. I could only find couple of reviews, although they were possitive. Although they are Dutch, their web is Suncamp holidays.co.uk. Was hoping someone here on TA been with them or at least heard of them I would be able to advice me.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,277 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

If you are concerned, then make sure you pay by credit card. Then if there is an issue and the company goes belly up, you can ask your credit card company for a "chargeback".

I've just had a look at their website and NOT ONCE does it mention bonding of any sort. Here in Ireland the "Package Holidays and Travel Trade Act 1995" requires tour operators and travel agents to protect you in the event of their becoming insolvent (bankrupt). I know there is something similar in the UK. But because this company is Netherlands based the law may be different - I don't know if there is an EU law governing the situation.

But this - the bonding issue - is something that worries me. Perhaps they ARE bonded but it seems silly not to place the information somewhere on their website where it is easily found.

I would suggest you do some more research before you book. Maybe e-mail them and ask them about their bonding and their bond number.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

Thank you. Am looking into it further although not very easy to find information I want...

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

BEWARE.

Have booked with this company and until this morning it was going OK and it was all very slick. HOWEVER... this morning received an email - the day after I paid the full balance of the holiday for my family and our traveling companions - telling me that their system has made a mistake and that to confirm my booking I am required to pay another 616Euros! Apparantly their system failed when we made the original booking and it did not charge for the persons that were clearly named on the booking/reservation form. They were apologetic and offered a 50Euro reduction for making the mistake. Not exactly braking into a sweat to remedy the situation were they! Now we all accept tourist tax and that sort of thing has to be paid, but this is unacceptable. They have offered a full refund, which I see as them washing their hands of a problem rather than sorting it, but what about a refund on the Eurostar tickets that are not cancellable? I have a 1000Euro investment in these - their response- not their concern. The whole situation is without doubt very unpaletable and even if it does get sorted out to my satisfaction it will be the only holiday I ever book with these people and I am sure it will spoil the holiday anyway. Have to go now as I have 5 children to upset about a trip they have been looking forward to for months.

So unless an acceptable response is forthcoming I would advise everybody to be very, very carefull of this company.

Martin Sadler UK.

All together not an acceptable situation

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,277 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

Martin, you should contact the Office of Consumer Affairs in the UK (or its equivalent). And contact Watchdog as well.

Is there any way you can make a similar booking with, for example, Eurocamp or Canvas? Or even go directly with the campsites.

Where were you hoping to go and when?

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

Oh yes, we have heard of them. We booked a holiday with them last year to France.campsite called Les Embruns.. Not a nice place..the wait to book in was 1 hour and a half, the accommadation was very small. Am not surprised you don't get reviews of the campsite on their website!!!! We made a complaint when we got back as the operators their would NOT speak English, this was last August, they only got back to me last week...

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

Yes, they are not helpful, and you cannot leave a review.. Took them nearly a year to come back to me with a complaint I had with them. Look them up on the Internet.

Devon, England
Level Contributor
21 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

Am looking at their site now and wondering the same thing. Did you ever get any feedback? Or even stay with them?

Devon, England
Level Contributor
21 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone heard of Suncamp Holidays?

Did you ever sort out your holiday with Suncamp? I'm looking at them now as they do seem cheap but then checked tripadvisor. Really worrying as we will have seven children in two families. Any further information would be really appreciated. Many thanks.