We land in Paris at CDG Airport the morning of August 9 at 6:55 am. We are heading to Beaune that morning and staying a few days there. From Beaune we will take a train back to Paris where we are staying for a few days. I have a few questions about train schedules and would love the help of those who know more about the train system than I do.
I am using this website: www.sncf.com
I am selecting my country as France so I don't get redirected to euro rail.
I am trying to figure out these things:
1. How long will it take me to clear customs in France? We are flying business class on united. not sure if that matters. Once I know that, then I can figure out how early of a train we can take.
2. Should we take a train from CDG to Lyon Part Dieu and then to Beaune? That seems to be what is popping up on the site--but i have seen others saying you must go via Dijon. However, many of those posts are old. Should I put in a different search?
3. Is is better to leave CDG and go to another station in Paris for trains direct or connecting to Beanue?
4. I'm thinking we should buy one way tickets as we will not be returning to CDG by train but another station in Paris. Does this make sense?
5. We are planning to rent a car. Can we pick one up in Beaune or should we pick up in another town like Dijon and drive?
thank you for any help and advice. I don't want to jump into purchasing without a bit more research but I also want to notify our B&B in Beaune of when they can expect us.