We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tgv trains

Auckland, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
tgv trains

Hi there

can anyone help me. I am planning to go from Paris to Lourdes by tgv train. Can you advise me whether the first class travel is more comfortable than travelling by second class

cheers

vincent

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
344 reviews
from US$60.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,257 reviews
from US$105.79*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
535 reviews
from US$43.78*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Palace of Versailles...
497 reviews
from US$304.00*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,965 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tgv trains

Only slightly. I'll go with 1st class if the price difference is very minimal - may 10€ at most. Otherwise 2nd class is fine.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tgv trains

Not much difference at all. If you can find, which you often can, 1st class tickets for the same of just a but more than 2nd class, buy them , but otherwise we are talking about a few centimeters more space - never worth it to me.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tgv trains

First has not only extra legroom but extra seat width as well. In first class it's 1+2 seating whereas in second class it's 2+2. If you prefer not to have someone sitting alongside you then 1st is the only way to guarantee that. There is more room on the luggage racks in first as there are less people per carriage. And the general ambience is usually a little quieter and more spacious for the same reason.

Well worth it, specially if you are an overseas traveller, maybe a bit tired and jet-lagged and maybe with larger bags. The 1st class advance purchase PREM tickets are a fantastic deal.

4. Re: tgv trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 06:15