We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving From France to Spain

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Driving From France to Spain

Hi, I am planning on driving from Saint Quentin in France (overnight stop) to L'Estartit in Spain.

I had thought of using the route via Reims, Lyon, Orange then to Montpellier and then Spain. We are driving on Sunday 17th August. Just wondered if anyone had a better route of any tips.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Saint-Quentin
Saint-Quentin
Aisne, France
France
France
Europe
Spain
Spain
Europe
Reims
Reims
Marne, France
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Orange
Orange
Vaucluse, France
Montpellier
Montpellier
Herault, France
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
545 Reviews
from US$73.00*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
656 Reviews
from US$74.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$122.00*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$124.60*
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving From France to Spain

Welcome to the forum.

For road tripping in Europe you can use www.viamichelin.com

There also is a Road Trips forum on TA:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_T…

Have a safe trip!

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
2. Re: Driving From France to Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 February 2016, 21:25
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving From France to Spain

Thank you, the Viaduc de Millau looks fab, I may have to go back that way too

I am staying Saturday night in Saint Quentin so can go via Paris and down the middle or west side, I just wanted to avoid Paris. I could go to Troyes and then over to Orleans but can't seem to see a good enough reason for it.

Edited: 02 August 2014, 12:49
Mentioned in this post
Millau
Millau
Aveyron, France
Saint-Quentin
Saint-Quentin
Aisne, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Troyes
Troyes
Aube, France
Orleans
Orleans
Loire Valley, France
4. Re: Driving From France to Spain

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 February 2016, 21:26
Edited: 03 February 2016, 21:26
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving From France to Spain

Thank you again for you help

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,330 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving From France to Spain

I think that you will find that it is way too far to drive in a day, about 11 hours plus time for breaks and traffic delays, especially as the autoroutes will be too busy for it to be a relaxing drive - and the last hour or so, when you are falling asleep at the wheel, is on ordinary roads in Spain.

You will be snookered by the weather as well. If it is fine and sunny you will de driving into the sun almost all day, if it is wet (and very, very wet in places has been typical of this summer), the speed limits are lower and you have the nightmare of driving in a continual cloud of spray with reduced visibility.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
7. Re: Driving From France to Spain

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 06:15