We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sixt Car Rental -Worst Car rental Ever! Dont rent with sixt!

Malta
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sixt Car Rental -Worst Car rental Ever! Dont rent with sixt!

On the 19th of July I rented a car from sixth Marseille gare st charles office. I asked one of the staff the put the address on the GPS and I could see that the GPS wasn’t working properly like freezing I asked it to be changed but then it restarted again and the staff gave me that one. I was driving in the direction the GPS was giving me after two hours driving and arriving in the destination I realized that I was in the the wrong destination when the gps indicated that I was in Avignon. The staff who put the address took me to avignon instead of st tropez. As soon as I arrived to avignon, the gps stopped working the charger was faulty for which I was charged another 20 euros. it wasn’t working and I was stranded in avignon not knowing what to do. There was a kind person from there and he helped me by giving me me directions to the next available sixt agency . it was in the train station of avignon. Since I had no gps it took me 4 hours to find the office. When I arrived I was very upset of this situation. I had only two days in france and one day was ruined because of a stupid mistake . the staff of avignon TGV upgraded me to another car with a built in gps then I finally arrived to my destination at 10pm !! On Monday early morning I had to go to the airport to cath the flight and while I was driving to the airport the clutch stopped working in the middle of a dark highway where no one could possibly stop to help me. Luckily there was a security passing by and helped us by communicating with sixt . we arrived at the airport by taxi and we got charged 100 euros. We barley arrived on time for the flight and now they are requesting taxi receipt or they wont give me the 100euros money back. Worst customer service ever. They are saying that the compensation they gave me was they that didnt charge eme for thre fuel

Edited: 05 August 2014, 01:47
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,123 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sixt Car Rental -Worst Car rental Ever! Dont rent with sixt!

Hi wonderlust1988;

This forum, the “Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better!” forum, is for discussions and suggestions on ways to improve the TripAdvisor website, itself.

The people that you are attempting to warn with your post will NOT see it on this forum, as your posts will likely be deleted.

Best Regards

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sixt Car Rental -Worst Car rental Ever! Dont rent with sixt!

Hi wonderlust1988,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the community. As RT mentioned, your topic was initially misplaced in the Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better forum. I'm popping in to mention that we have moved it here to the France forums where others planning their trips will more likely see it.

Best regards,

TA_Louise

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sixt Car Rental -Worst Car rental Ever! Dont rent with sixt!

The clutch problem sounds like it might be legitimate. As for the GPS, you can't read a map?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
5,308 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sixt Car Rental -Worst Car rental Ever! Dont rent with sixt!

Paper maps are a wonderful invention... :-)

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,780 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sixt Car Rental -Worst Car rental Ever! Dont rent with sixt!

One of the most interesting travel accounts I have read here.

It´s a good thing that the Sixt personnel at St Charles did not accidentally put Mozambique into the GPS or you might still be on the road. Really, you never confirmed the GPS information until you heard ¨you have arrived at your destination¨ and you only then discovered that you were in Avignon, not St Tropez.

It next takes you 4 hours to reach Avignon TGV from Avignon? That´s an amazing feat. Did you at any time consider purchasing a map?

Let´s see, Sixt upgrades your car after you end up in Avignon, they do not charge you for fuel you used pursuant to the mechanical problem, and they are asking for a receipt as verification of the amount you paid a taxi driver to reach the airport. Yes, these people are totally unreasonable.

wonderlust1988, the next time you go on vacation, consider looking into one of Rick Steves all inclusive tour groups and let others worry about the navigating.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,700 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sixt Car Rental -Worst Car rental Ever! Dont rent with sixt!

Apparently all signs have been removed from highways and there are hordes of cars arriving in Avignon who meant to be in St Tropez. All paper maps have also apparently sold out.

7. Re: Sixt Car Rental -Worst Car rental Ever! Dont rent with sixt!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 05:17