We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finding luxury house/apt near Colmar for one week

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help finding luxury house/apt near Colmar for one week

I'm struggling to find a higher end luxury house or apartment near Colmar for a one-week vacation next summer. Most listings I see look a bit downscale. It's just my wife and me, so it doesn't have to be huge, but a luxury one bedroom, hopefully with a sunny terrace, would be what we seek. We're willing to be in-town (Colmar, Riquewihr, Ribeauville, etc.), or slightly out of town.

Any suggestions on where to look?

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help finding luxury house/apt near Colmar for one week

I have used www.homelidays.com before and found it quite reliable. It is also worth looking at the tourist office website for towns you like as they have accommodation listings. It may be worth looking in Strasbourg if you want high end places as they have a large diplomatic and business sector there so a better supply of quality places vs the touristy areas.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help finding luxury house/apt near Colmar for one week

I spent a lot of time looking at various websites, especially www.homelidays.com....but I found it curious that there appeared to be almost nothing in the "higher end/luxury" properties. Maybe they simply don't exist in the area I seek near Colmar?

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help finding luxury house/apt near Colmar for one week

I don't think there is a big supply - it's not a millionaire's playground area like the cote d'azur so there is no trickle down in quality places. It relies on trickle up, which I guess is harder. Also try Basel, the Swiss do have a higher quality generally and it's only 30 minutes to Colmar, no border formalities when travelling CH/FR so it's very easy.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help finding luxury house/apt near Colmar for one week

Contact the Association Departementale de Tourisme (68) in Colmar for their brochure of accommodation - they have a website also where you may find details.

Other than that, you might find something acceptable at the RESIDENCE LE KANZEL at BEBLENHEIM (very close to beautiful Riquewihr) only 20 mins max from Colmar.

Edited: 24 January 2010, 15:59
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help finding luxury house/apt near Colmar for one week

Thank you for that information.

We have rented what appears to be a nice apartment in Katzenthal, and so we are crossing our fingers that it will meet our needs.

belleair, florida
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help finding luxury house/apt near Colmar for one week

We stayed at Kanzel several years ago and loved it. The rooms (quite a few different styles) are beautiful with exquisite bathrooms We had a full kitchen and cooked our own goumet dinners a couple of nights. Breakfasts are in a separate house and were very good. At the time, they had a giant friendly dog but he may not be there now. Very nice owners, they even helped us set up a re-marriage ceremony for a couple in our party at a nearby church complete with flowers. Church members showed up to sit in the pews as the audience. All in all, one of our favorite places to stay in France. You should reallly like it. Feel free to email me directly if you have any specific questions.

7. Re: Help finding luxury house/apt near Colmar for one week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 05:15