We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strasbourg

Reno, Nevada...
7 posts
Save Topic
Strasbourg

Any tips for Strasbourg? Traveling in late July.

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strasbourg

Yes, buy a guidebook.

London, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strasbourg

Hi Mary,

That's a very good choice :-) How long will you be there for? What are you into?

Some immediate recommandation.

Enjoy the food: La Maison Kammerzel does nice traditional Alsatian food and the building is gorgeous

See the cathedrale and see it again at night. There is a light and music show which is really spectacular

Have a cake/pastry at Christian (a bit pricey, but to die for)

Go to the icecream Francchi, they have over 100 flavours

Walk around La Petite France. Maybe take a boat

Cheers,

Annick

Reno, Nevada...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Strasbourg

Thank you, Annick!

My ancestors came from this region. I will visit for the first time in late July 2013. It's great to get a sense of what is to come in this beautiful city.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strasbourg

Contact the Strasbourg Tourist Office (www.otstrasbourg.fr/?lang=en) to see if there are any special events during the time you are visiting ... such as Son et Lumière (light show with music/commentary) of the Barrage Vauban for example. http://strasbourg.angloinfo.com/whatson/ might be useful too.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strasbourg

Look for free organ concerts.

Rent a bicycle for half a day - S'bourg is very flat and has nice parks. Don't know about you, but I've noticed that I'm not getting any younger. If not now, when?

Take day trip to Colmar or Obernai.

Find an art history graduate student to guide you around the cathedral.

Read Martin Bucer (in translation if need be)

Reno, Nevada...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Strasbourg

Thank you, Annick!

My ancestors came from this region. I will visit for the first time in late July 2013. It's great to get a sense of what is to come in this beautiful city.

Thank you once again! I am planning on visting Colmar. I will check out your suggestions.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
913 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strasbourg

Mary, just bumped an excellent photo blog of a short stay in Strasbourg by Kerouac.... Fabulous photos.

Reno, Nevada...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Strasbourg

Thank you, Annick!

Thank you once again! I am planning on visting Colmar. I will check out your suggestions.

Thank you. I will check out the photos.

9. Re: Strasbourg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 05:15