We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance to Eguisheim

Which Colmar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Distance to Eguisheim

How far is it from Colmar to Eguisheim,Kayersberg, Ribeauville, and Riquewihr ?

Are the last 2 close enough to walk between?

Thanks!

Sue

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance to Eguisheim

You CAN walk to Eguisheim from Colmar but it'll take over an hour

http://www.viamichelin.fr/web/Itineraires?strStartLocid=32NDJ0Zzg1NjgwMDAxMGNORGd1TURnd05qZz1jTnk0ek5UazVOdz09&strDestLocid=32NDJ0Z2s1Njg0MjAxMGNORGd1TURReU56az1jTnk0ek1EWTNNdz09&intItineraryType=1&caravaneHidden=false&vh=CAR&strVehicle=2&itineraryCarType=0&itineraryFuelType=0&isFavoriseAutoroute=false&isAvoidPeage=false&isAvoidVignette=false&isAvoidLNR=false&isAvoidFrontiers=true&dtmDeparture=13%2F03%2F2011&distance=km&devise=1.0|EUR&indemnite=&carbCost=1.3&autoConso=6.8&villeConso=6&routeConso=5.6

I suggest you use www.viamichelin.fr to plan your timings and distances between Colmar, Riquewihr, Ribeauvillé and Kaysersberg ... they're NOT walkable!!

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance to Eguisheim

Or you can hire a bike. It's basically flat.

colmar.fr/vie-quotidienne/location-velos.html

malaysia
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance to Eguisheim

Last Summer My wife and I cycled from Colmar to Equisheim and it was fun 30 minutes (at a extremely slow pace) . There are at least two bike shops in town. Just remember to bring along your ID when you want to rent the bicycle.

Equisheim was lovely. We locked our bike in Equisheim town and we walked around. Make sure to hike up the wine yard above the town It is beautiful.

I am not sure if you could cycle to Kayersberg, Ribeauville, and Riquewihr as it is further. This year I am going back to Colmar and plan to take a private tour to Kayersberg, Ribeauville, and Riquewihr

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance to Eguisheim

If you paste this into your browser

http://www.viamichelin.fr/web/Itineraires?strStartLocid=31NDJ0bWMxMGNORGd1TVRreU56Zz1jTnk0ek1qUTNNZz09&strDestLocid=31NDJ0bWsxMGNORGd1TVRZMk9UTT1jTnk0eU9UY3lPQT09&intItineraryType=1&caravaneHidden=false&vh=CAR&strVehicle=2&itineraryCarType=0&itineraryFuelType=0&isFavoriseAutoroute=false&isAvoidPeage=false&isAvoidVignette=false&isAvoidLNR=false&isAvoidFrontiers=true&dtmDeparture=28%2F04%2F2011&distance=km&devise=1.0|EUR&indemnite=&carbCost=1.3&autoConso=6.8&villeConso=6&routeConso=5.6

it will tell you if you're up to it! On a fine day it's a lovely walk.

Edited: 28 April 2011, 11:10
Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance to Eguisheim

laming-

How would I find one of these private tours?

6. Re: Distance to Eguisheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Colmar