We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Colmar

Which Colmar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Colmar

I'll be spending a couple of days in Colmar in October, and I'm trying to choose a hotel. Reading the TA reviews has made me think that Hotel Le Colombier would suit my needs nicely, but one slight worry is that it sounds like I have to rely on nearby on-street parking.

What's the parking like in Colmar? Do I run a serious risk of not being able to park the car anywhere, or is it easy to find a space?

If it makes any difference, I'll be there on a Wednesday and Thursday night in mid-October.

Oh, and any other thoughts on my choice of hotel would of course be welcome.

Thanks

NM

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Colmar

The town centre is medieval with narrow streets and parking is mostly difficult - there are quite a few car parks though so you will find somewhere to park, just maybe not right by the hotel.

Other than that I don't know the hotel well, sorry.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,663 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Colmar

There is plenty of on-street parking by Le Colombier, BUT it is metered (2 hours max stay) from 09H00-12H00 and 14H00-19H00.

There are plenty of car parks in central Colmar and they're all safe. But if you want a hotel with an attached car park you might consider Hôtel des Têtes also in the town centre.

You might like to consider staying just outside the centre and driving in and using a longer term car park like the underground parks at the Town Hall - Mairie - and Place Rapp or the smaller surface car park at Place Scheurer Kestner. Usually there's no problem finding a place.

This may help a bit guide-colmar.fr/Ou-se-garer-a-Colmar.html

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Colmar

Oh, thanks for pointing me to Hôtel des Têtes, Alsacienne, that looks lovely. Looks like the parking is free as well, which is a bonus.

4. Re: Parking in Colmar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 17:17