We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leeds to Strasbourg by train in May 2013

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Leeds to Strasbourg by train in May 2013

Could anyone tell me the best route to take from Leeds to Strasbourg by train in May 2013 and if possible the most economical.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,677 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leeds to Strasbourg by train in May 2013

My father in law takes his local train to London, connects to London St Pancras, takes the Eurostar to Paris Nord, then crosses Paris (approx 800 m on foot) to Paris Est and takes the TGV to Strasbourg.

Tickets are only on sale 92 days before the date of travel.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leeds to Strasbourg by train in May 2013

Hi Alsacienne, thanks for the reply I shall now be marking the calender 92 days before we travel. Once again many thanks David

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leeds to Strasbourg by train in May 2013

You can book Leeds to Strasbourg at www.eurostar.com as one transaction.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leeds to Strasbourg by train in May 2013

Hi, thanks for that information. It's amazing how you learn something new every day. Many thanks David

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leeds to Strasbourg by train in May 2013

Thanks much, I too will use the information, I will travel from Brussels to Strasbourg, then rent a car and drive to Schillersdorf..therefore, do not want to arrive in Strasbourg after 5pm. Then return -train from Strasbourg to London. Is all information on the eurostar website for each complete trip? Should Ibook 1st class since I will be flying out of London LRH?

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leeds to Strasbourg by train in May 2013

A couple of points, you should also buy the tickets from Leeds to London Kings Cross in advance. Getting from Kings Cross to St Pancrass is simply a matter of crossing the road. In Paris Gare du Nord and Gare del'Est are a bit further apart and the signposted pedestrian route involves a large flight of steps. If this is likely to be a problen an alternative route exista that is only a few minutes longer (I tend to use that at the end of a trip if I have stowed a couple of bottles in my suitcase).

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leeds to Strasbourg by train in May 2013

Many thanks for the information. Is the alternative route signposted?. I don't like flights of stairs and suitcase's. Roughly what is the distance between the two Paris stations? Thanks again David

8. Re: Leeds to Strasbourg by train in May 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 08:17