We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for foodies

Which Strasbourg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for foodies

Hi,

We are visiting Strasbourg for one day in August 2013. I would appreciate tips for foodies. My husband and I like castles and other historic stuff but we experience the most enjoyment in finding good food in the most unlikely places. We love fresh markets and holes in the walls with memorable food. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Jojo

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for foodies

strasbourg.eu/les-plus-demandes/marches-et-b…

Detroit
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for foodies

Have tarte flambee at Tete au Lard

or anything at Au Pigeon - have a good look at the old building and the stairway upstairs.

Reservations a good idea

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for foodies

If you are in to cheese, there is only one place to eat: La Cloche a Fromage... we were in heaven :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
885 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for foodies

There's a farmers market on Saturdays, if that's your day there. I don't know the address but I marked it on my walking map to be past the cathedral towards the river. We plan to visit it in 11 days time.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for foodies

You have to go to a typical Alsatian restaurant !!

Try the Gurtlerhoft : …uk.com/restaurants/…e-90610.html

Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
311 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for foodies

Would you Like 2 eat Like a local foodie or Like a foodie ?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,184 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice for foodies

keep in mind that the relationship between the French and their food is intense enough that an ordinary average Joe on the street in France would be considered a hard-core foodie anywhere else.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice for foodies

And don't forget that Alsace's geographical location means you can enjoy great dishes from both France and Germany in addition to Alsacian specialities.

9. Re: Advice for foodies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 06:18