We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strasbourg to Luxemburg City

nb
Level Contributor
445 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Strasbourg to Luxemburg City

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a direct train between the above cities and if so where would I find fares and timetables? Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,183 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strasbourg to Luxemburg City

There are no direct trains. You have to change in Metz or Lorraine.

The fare will depend on how far ahead you buy. Tickets usually go on sale 3 months before travel, but are now available until 24 August, and the cheapest tickets often sell out quickly. Discounted ticket prices keep going up as the travel date gets closer. You can get train times and costs, and make bookings, at www.capitainetrain.com

However, for this journey, part will be on local (TER) trains, for which there are no seat reservations and no discounts.

nb
Level Contributor
445 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strasbourg to Luxemburg City

Thanks for the info. If no trains, do you think there might be direct busses?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strasbourg to Luxemburg City

<There are no direct trains>

Yes there are, though not many: 3 next Wednesday 23rd April, for example - leaving Strasbourg at 07.50, 14.50 and 17.50.

14.50 and 17.50 departures from Strasbourg are the 2 daily direct trains to Brussels, which pass through and stop at Luxembourg.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strasbourg to Luxemburg City

<However, for this journey, part will be on local (TER) trains>

Not necessarily. The 2 daily direct trains (to Brussels via Luxembourg) are EuroCity. You can also check the details on Belgian Railways website http://tinyurl.com/ntzdqvx

To: Luxembourg (Lu)

nb
Level Contributor
445 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strasbourg to Luxemburg City

Thank you Colin 56. Do you have any insight into the bus option if I go that route, so to speak?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strasbourg to Luxemburg City

<Do you have any insight into the bus option if I go that route, so to speak?>

I'm not sure if there are any buses from Luxembourg to Strasbourg or vice versa. This link for buses between Luxembourg and France shows only nearby places in France such as Thionville

mobiliteit.lu/horaires-reseaux/transports-pu… .

7. Re: Strasbourg to Luxemburg City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:15