We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strasbourg with a 2 yr old - Travelling in a week!

Which Strasbourg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
Strasbourg with a 2 yr old - Travelling in a week!

Hello!

Planning on accompanying my husband on a conference to Strasbourg along with our daughter - 2 yrs old. Will be there 25th - 31st July.

Will be staying quite central, not too far from the cathedral.

Are there any nearby childrens parks or play places I could take the little one?

Or any other interesting things to do with a toddler?

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,633 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strasbourg with a 2 yr old - Travelling in a week!

Having only returned less than an hour ago from my own travels, I hope this message will reach you in time.

I suggest you spend some time in the Orangerie gardens where there is a little animal area, and lawns where your toddler can let off steam. There are usually ducks who will enjoy being fed bread (not very good for them I know!) in the Orangerie lake, and there are swans near the Rohan Palace who will enjoy being fed too!

The discovery centre Le Vaisseau (http://www.levaisseau.com/en/) might be suitable depending on how mature your little one is. There is a carroussel on the Place Gutenberg and a visit to the Alsacian Museum might give you both pleasure ... with you acting as guide!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Strasbourg with a 2 yr old - Travelling in a week!

Thank you Alsacienne! Orangerie sounds like just the place for my little one. The museum might be a little advanced for her, but we can give it a try.

We'll be staying quite central and was wondering if there were nearby supermarkets or cheap places to eat. A nice bakery perhaps for breakfast croissants? The hotel is charging about 16 Euro for breakfast (I think it was EUR not GBP) which seems excessive.

Ideally wanted to get an aparthotel kind of place but the rooms in the one I found were even smaller than the one we'll be staying in so it didn't feel worth it.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,633 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strasbourg with a 2 yr old - Travelling in a week!

I'm sorry but I can't help with your last question about breakfasts as I live too far away from Strasbourg! But I am sure that once you are there you'll find somewhere suitable. Why not book breakfast on your first morning and then explore.

4. Re: Strasbourg with a 2 yr old - Travelling in a week!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:15