We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent

Beirut, Lebanon
5 posts
Save Topic
Urgent

Its my first time to Strasbourg, France ( i am a student). The travel agency booked me a ticket via francfurt airport to XER. I found out, two days ago, that the flight from francfurt to XER is actually a bus and it arrives at 1 am after midnight!!!!!! .And that XER is actually a bus station not an airport. Hotels there are expensive and there is no one to pick me up. I can't refund my ticket. Any idea? i am scared to stand alone at midnight on the streets!!

paris
Level Contributor
627 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent

What or where is XER ?

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent

Your travel agent has just included bus transport from Frankfurt Airport to Strasbourg city. It is a 2 hr 15 minute ride. Where were you planning on staying in Strasbourg on your arrival? XER is the Lufthansa Airport bus stop in Strasbourg on Boulevard de Metz. There are plenty of hotels in the immediate area which you can find on Google Maps. Just search for Boulevard de Metz, then Search Nearby "Hotels". The Ibis Budget Strasbourg Centre is a 3 minute walk from the bus stop and rooms start at around 50 euros per night. Another option may be to spend the night at Frankfurt Airport and use your bus ticket next day, but hotels around Frankfurt Airport don't come cheap.

Edited: 12 August 2014, 05:42
Beirut, Lebanon
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent

I found a hotel " misterbed " and its cheap ( 30 euros per night) Its 1 mile far from boulevard de Metz. But some people keep telling me that strasbourg and especially boulevard de metz and la gare are a dangerous place full of pick pockets and drug dealers at night !!! is that true?? * cries* Worst case scenario, i'll walk to the hotel. But the safety????

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,025 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent

There will not be pickpockets around late at night: they operate when the place is crowded. Nor will drug dealers be active if there are not people around to buy drugs. In any case, neither pickpockets nor drug dealers would attack you.

I find it strange (to put it mildly) that someone from Beirut is worried about safety in Strasbourg.

Edited: 12 August 2014, 05:59
Beirut, Lebanon
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent

You probably didn't visit Beirut. Because, and trust me, Beirut is safe city. Media is brainwhashing the planet about middle east. But if you walk alone in Beirut at 3 am nobody will tell you a word. Ok there is bombing in Beirut but in a suburb far away from the city. Christian cities ( 60% of the cities) are 100% Safe and i am christian. ( For sure Media will not mention this). Anyway thanks a lot for your reply.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent

I can find only 1 Mister Bed in Strasbourg and that is at 12 Rue Ferdinand Braun, 67540 Ostwald. This is 10 km from Boulevard de Metz. If there is another one, it is not listed on the Mister Bed web site.

paris
Level Contributor
627 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent

If' you need to find something cheap, why not try an hostel like CIARUS http://www.ciarus.com/accommodation.html

cheaper and much closer from Strasbourg train station than Mister Bed in Ostwald

We learn something every day ; i live in Strasbourg since more than 20 years and had never heard of XER before today

Beirut, Lebanon
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent

Haha.....Merci beaucoup

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent

I don't think at 3 a.m. anybody will tell you a word in Strasbourg either. There will simply be nobody in the street at that time. The problem you risk with low budget hotels is that there may not be a reception to check you in at that time of the morning.

Alsace, France
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Urgent

In general Strasbourg is not a low-budget destination. There are cheaper hotels such as MisterBed, Formule1 and Etap etc, but they are not in the centre of Strasbourg and require a bus and/or tram ride out.

As tradeform rightly points out, this type of hotel does not have 24 hour reception service, and you will have difficulty getting to an outlying district at that time of morning.

You might see if you can afford the hotel Ibis opposite the station for your first night - and that will solve your problem and you won't need transport, but as you don't say what your budget is, I don't think I can help you further. Sorry.