We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving bayonne by bus from san sebastian spain

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
arriving bayonne by bus from san sebastian spain

Planning to go to Bayonne by bus in May, arriving by PESA bus from San Sebastian. Unable to find any info or a decent street map showing the the bus station or TI. Don't speak any French, just a little Spanish. Would feel better if I had a sense of the town center. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arriving bayonne by bus from san sebastian spain

The bus drops you at Place des Basques: http://g.co/maps/p9g38

This is right next to the tourist information so you can pop in to ask for information when you arrive.

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: arriving bayonne by bus from san sebastian spain

Fantastique, Chamonix!! Merci beaucoup! Well, that's it for my French, but I'll work on it. I do better with my Italian, just a little Spanish.That was an excellent map link. I especially like the street view, and I appreciate the TI info as well.

Any suggestions on a good place for a light lunch? Basque or French? Small plates, seafood, soups or salads?

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: arriving bayonne by bus from san sebastian spain

There is a nice little restaurant called Le Vivaldi on the river. http://g.co/maps/ceqx4

I've had lovely Lomo (Basque style pork dish) and also good Mussels there. If it is nice weather then you can sit outside in the sun. A road runs alongside between the river and the restaurant so it can be a little noisy.

Mentioned in this post
Le Vivaldi
Le Vivaldi
300 Reviews
Bayonne, France
Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: arriving bayonne by bus from san sebastian spain

Merci, again. BiarritzTaxi...hmm. I'm beginning to think I might like more time in Bayonne, so thinking of leaving S.Seb. around 3pm, right after my cooking class, rather than the next a.m. As an alternative to the bus, can you, or other TA posters, recommend reliable car service from S.Sebastian? Would that be quicker? I suspect it will be pricey, but just wondering ...

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,152 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: arriving bayonne by bus from san sebastian spain

There are some reliable taxi services in the area. I obviously can't suggest myself. If you google "Biarritz Taxi" or "San Sebastian Taxi" you will get some results. If you let me know what comes up I might be able to tell you which of the companies I would recommend.

Price-wise you are looking at paying €120 for a one-way private transfer.

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: arriving bayonne by bus from san sebastian spain

Thanks, but links were not very helpful. Biarritz Taxi lists only Biarritz to elsewhere. Sun Transfer (SS) from airport to town & other airports. I was hoping for first-hand recommendations for private car service by TA posters, vs. taxi, from my experience a more expensive option. I could still take the 2:30 PESA on the 25th, but I'd miss the lunch after the class, which is one of the key reasons for taking the class. Worst case (trying to avoid), leave on the 26th on the 9am bus. But...the extra few hours in Bayonne were tempting enough to see what & how I could do that.

Mentioned in this post
Biarritz
Biarritz
Basque Country, France
7. Re: arriving bayonne by bus from san sebastian spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Bayonne