We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bordeaux

Florida Keys...
3 posts
Bordeaux

I’m looking to spend a couple of weeks in Bordeaux next September. What area should I be looking at.

9 replies to this topic
Bordeaux, France
Destination Expert
for Bordeaux
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Bordeaux

What are your interests, what do you hope to get from your visit here?

Florida Keys...
3 posts
2. Re: Bordeaux

No expectations. First trip. Would be nice to be able to walk to sights and restaurants

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
250 reviews
3. Re: Bordeaux

mnforeman;

You seem to be planning and being open minded about what to do in Bordeaux. Perhaps my trip report of 2017 can give you some ideas. Send me a message if you have questions.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18707…

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,102 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Bordeaux

"Would be nice to be able to walk to sights and restaurants"

Bordeaux is more or less flat so walking isn't a problem. However it is a big city, it is still quite hon in September and distances can be long. But the entire public transport system of trams, buses and the waterbus can be yours for the equivalent of about $8 a day.

Edited: 19 November 2018, 11:51
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,102 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Bordeaux

Sorry typo meant 'hot' of course.

Florida Keys...
3 posts
6. Re: Bordeaux

Would you say, near the river, city center is better? Or out a bit?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,102 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Bordeaux

I have stayed in several areas including 'near the river' on both sides. My priorities are easy access to and from the main railway station and airport, so it's got to be a short walk from either the station or tram stop.

Most of the time I stay near the main station which is not the most attractive area of the city, but it's easy to get anywhere from it. You can search for hotels in the 'Bordeaux St Jean' area. I reckon there must be a dozen or so around there. From there it's about 3km to the main city centre area as the station is the to the east of it. Trams make the run in 10 minutes.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
455 reviews
8. Re: Bordeaux

Get in the central area if possible. Whole area is pedestrian only. Easy access to the river and Tram B goes to the wine museum.

new jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
135 reviews
9. Re: Bordeaux

I would second the central area. We stayed on the Triangle D'Or and found it very convenient. The tram lines cross two blocks away, the river is a 5 minute walk, plenty of restaurants, easy walk to a lot of the historic sites. Anywhere in a semicircle (left bank of the river) centered on the Place de la Bourse would make for easy exploring.

Edited: today, 03:57
Reply to: Bordeaux
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted