We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bordeaux to Pauillac train service??

HK
1 post
Save Topic
Bordeaux to Pauillac train service??

I will be travelling to Bordeaux in July. While I know that there is train service between Bordeaux and Pauillac, anyone can point me to the schedule? Also, there seems to be construction work on the route. Anyone can help?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Bordeaux, France
Destination Expert
for Bordeaux
Level Contributor
1,355 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bordeaux to Pauillac train service??

Step 1: Go to this web site:

<http://www.ter-sncf.com/Regions/aquitaine/Fr/Se_deplacer_en_TER/Avant_mon_voyage/Fiches_horaires/Default.aspx>

Step 2: Where it says "Votre gare" type in "Gare Saint-Jean" and click "Ok"

Step 3: On the next screen where it says "Veuillez choisir une ligne", in the drop down menu choose "Le Verdun - Lesparre - Bordeaux", then click "Choisir la fiche horaire"

Step 4: Now you have the available schedules; since you're traveling in July, the second one is the one to click (even if it may not cover the exact date of your voyage.

Step 5: Here's your schedule. "Ravesies" is the train station in Bordeaux from which you'll begin your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,888 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bordeaux to Pauillac train service??

Or you can get the information in English from www.tgv-europe.com/en where you just enter Bordeaux and Pauillac as start and destination, and a suitable date and time for your trevl.

Mentioned in this post
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,751 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bordeaux to Pauillac train service??

The original poster is correct about the construction work. I shall be using that line myself in July and August. Normally trains start from the main station in Bordeaux, the Gare St Jean and go round the city in a big loop to Ravezies before heading off to the Medoc to Paulliac etc. However the section of line between St Jean and Ravezies is completely closed for reconstruction until September 3rd. Thus all trains start from Ravezies.

That's not a big problem as Ravezies is on tram Line C and connected to St Jean that way. One thing I have yet to discover. Although the timetable states that the trams and buses are available for connection to/from St Jean, does the SNCF ticket eg Paris to Pauillac include that little journey or does the tram or bus fare between the two have to be paid separately?

Any words of wisdom on that one would be more than welcome.

Edited: 04 May 2010, 10:09
Mentioned in this post
Bordeaux
Bordeaux
Gironde, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
4. Re: Bordeaux to Pauillac train service??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2010, 04:17