We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surprise trip on boyfriend's birthday - end of November

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Surprise trip on boyfriend's birthday - end of November

Hello

I am trying to plan a memorable trip for my boyfriend (3 days) as it will be the first time that we will be celebrating his birthday together. We both have a very stressful job on London - so we would love a relaxing and romantic weekend together.

Any help/recommendation will be much appreciated.

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surprise trip on boyfriend's birthday - end of November

Try St Emillion-it's about 45 minute drive fromBordeaux and would be a lovely place for a romantic weekend. The town is wonderful; great views, good place for walking around town nd just enough tto keep you busy for a couple of days. For a splurge there is Hostellerie de Plaisance(either for a stay and/or dinner). There are other nice hotels in town also

jhgrady

Aquitaine, France
Level Contributor
22 posts
463 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surprise trip on boyfriend's birthday - end of November

You could stay in Bordeaux city at Regent which in heart of city opposite the Opera house ... Some good restaurants around ... May even be something interesting at Opera house itself and a good riverside food Market on Sundays. I agree that St Emilion is also a good option as a pretty village but better as a day trip rather than 3 days, unless plan is to do as little as possib

E.

Aquitaine, France
Level Contributor
22 posts
463 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surprise trip on boyfriend's birthday - end of November

You could stay in Bordeaux city at Regent which in heart of city opposite the Opera house ... Some good restaurants around ... May even be something interesting at Opera house itself and a good riverside food Market on Sundays. I agree that St Emilion is also a good option as a pretty village but better as a day trip rather than 3 days, unless plan is to do as little as possib

E.

4. Re: Surprise trip on boyfriend's birthday - end of November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 10:16