We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Libourne - TGV from Paris and car rental in Libourne

Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Libourne - TGV from Paris and car rental in Libourne

Hello. We plan to take the TGV from Montparnasse to either Bordeaux or Libourne. We want to pick up a rental car to head east so I thought we would be better off to de-train at Libourne as it will save us the extra time and hassle of getting into Bordeaux by train and then driving straight back out. My questions are:

Do the car rental places at Libourne Station close for lunch, and if so, what time, and

What is the range of cars like, given that it is a much smaller place and therefore may not have the choice available, and

Is it more expensive to hire a car in Libourne compared to Bordeaux, and

Will the car rental offices in Libourne be closed on July 14th making it impossible for us to return the car on this date ?

Thank you in advance.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,202 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Libourne - TGV from Paris and car rental in Libourne

Europcar have an office in Libourne at the station and they are indeed closed for lunch and on Sundays.

Their website shows these opening hours

Thursday 06/13/2013

8:00 AM - 12:00 PM

2:00 PM - 6:30 PM

Friday 06/14/2013

Saturday 06/15/2013

9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

2:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Sunday 06/16/2013

Closed

Monday 06/17/2013

Tuesday 06/18/2013

Wednesday 06/19/2013

July 14th is an important public holiday as I think you realise and it's a Sunday. I think all but the largest car rental offices are pretty likely going to be closed.

Europcar at Bordeaux station is open every day, Sundays included, but the site doesn't state specifically about holidays.

There are going to be other agencies but I would think these hours are pretty typical.

Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Libourne - TGV from Paris and car rental in Libourne

Thanks so much. I think we are safer all around with the Bordeaux option.

3. Re: Libourne - TGV from Paris and car rental in Libourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 December 2015, 14:00
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,704 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Libourne - TGV from Paris and car rental in Libourne

Or check with http://www.autoeurope.com who are brokers.

As for returning the car... you can always drop a vehicle when an office is closed. If you do, be sure to photo or video the car (ie show it is undamaged) and keep a gas receipt from your last fill up done within a few kilometers.

Edited: 13 June 2013, 12:56
5. Re: Libourne - TGV from Paris and car rental in Libourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 05:17