We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vineyards that you can drive to for tour by owners

New Zealand
Level Contributor
712 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Vineyards that you can drive to for tour by owners

I have read a post and now cant find it - that there are vineyards you can drive up to and the owners will give you a tour of the property and tasting for a fee.

Could you tell me which vineyards do this please? I want a family vineyard that a member of the family show us around and tell us their stories. Dont want a guided tour from a company

Thank you

Bordeaux, France
Destination Expert
for Bordeaux
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vineyards that you can drive to for tour by owners

There are many properties where you can have this type of experience. As you drive along the roads in the vineyard regions—the D2 in the Médoc is especially good for this—you'll see large signs with the names of châteaux which say "Visite-Dégustation-Vente" ("Visits—Tastings–Sales"). These are mostly family-owned places where you can drive up without an appointment and have a visit. Be sure to buy a bottle or two before leaving.

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vineyards that you can drive to for tour by owners

Almost all of the wine chateaux can be visited without going through a tour.

Be aware that many of them - all of the classified ones - require an appointment . You can call them and take an appointment (yes, in English).

Have a look at the following page:

southweststory.com/bordeaux-wine-short-histo…

3. Re: Vineyards that you can drive to for tour by owners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 05:17