We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anybody been here?

Bristol
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Has anybody been here?

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing something we've never done before and that is to holiday in a French campsite.

Has anybody been to Lou Pignada which is quite near Northern Spain. I would like to know about the cleanliness, comfort and ambience of the site.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shirley

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anybody been here?

Hi Shirley,

Afraid I don't know anything about the site itself, but it's at Messanges, a small village near the coast. The beaches there have a good reputation.

Would you by flying to Biarritz? I guess it'd be an hour's plus drive from the airport to Messanges. Assuming you are driving - otherwise there's a very limited bus service from Bayonne.

Bristol
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anybody been here?

Hi Stockmos,

Thanks for the reply.

We will be driving, taking the ferry from Poole to St Malo then driving to the campsite...........That's if it is suitable!

Regards

Shirley

Rogerstone
Level Contributor
201 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anybody been here?

We have stayed in this area a couple of times but not on this campsite. I suggest you google lou pignada reviews to give you more info about the particular site.

It is a lovely area with good beaches and a vast pine forest. Trips into the Pyrenees are a must, and a couple of days in Biarritz and/or Bayonne

If you are driving from St Malo I think it is about 450 miles and could take a couple of days so you'll need to book accomodation on the way down.

Bristol
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anybody been here?

Very informative.

Many thanks. However, we've since decided not to go.

Thanks to all who contributed

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anybody been here?

Hi Stockmos

We are an Aussie family living in abu Dhabi and have decided on the St Jean de Luz area for our summer holiday 2009. We have never been here before so just starting my research - (a bit late I know)

Can you recommend a website that hires villas/cottages near the beach.

Either that or a nice child friendly hotel anywhere near this area - nothing modern we like the old feel of Europe

thanks in advance

6. Re: Has anybody been here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Biarritz