We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labenne Ocean, Sylvamar

Merseyside
4 posts
Save Topic
Labenne Ocean, Sylvamar

We have a party of 8 travelling to this site in July 2010. We intend to fly with Ryan Air - any advice on getting to the site from Biarritz airport??? How much can we expect to pay for a taxi or is there any public transport available. Also best days out for three boys aged 2,4 and 6 or is there enough on the camp to keep us busy.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Alan C>, Wirral, Merseyside.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labenne Ocean, Sylvamar

Hi Alan,

This has been extensively covered elsewhere on the forum.

Check out:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187080-i1018-k269…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187080-i1018-k154…

Merseyside
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Labenne Ocean, Sylvamar

Thanks very much for your reply. I have looked through the messages you mentioned and I don't really fancy dragging a party of 8 onto a bus and then a train with all our luggage. What I want to know is how much can I expect to pay for a taxi from Biarritz airport to the site, and are taxis easily available at the airport. Hope someone out there can help.

AlanC.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
353 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Labenne Ocean, Sylvamar

Alan, go to:

http://www.taxis-biarritz.fr/

They are a very reliable company. I have used them. They will give you a quote.

Rogerstone
Level Contributor
201 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Labenne Ocean, Sylvamar

Hi Alan

We have stayed here twice - a great site but I would seriously advise hiring a car to get the most out of the area. The campsite is almost a mile from the beach so a long walk for little ones, the supermarket is about three miles away, lots of great places to visit but I wouldn't want to rely on public transport

Reviews here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

There is quite a lot to do on site but you will miss out on the Basque experience if you don't leave the site. Labenne Ocean village is very quiet

Merseyside
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Labenne Ocean, Sylvamar

Thanks for your reply, I think we will have a 'team meeting' and decide whether it's car hire or taxi. The trouble is I can find the rates for car hire but no one seems to know the taxi fare. I have tried contacting the address given previously and I have not received any response. I want someone with first hand experience of taxi hire at Biarritz airport so we can make an informed decision.

Thanks again AlanC.

Rogerstone
Level Contributor
201 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Labenne Ocean, Sylvamar

There seem to be number of threads about this - just one as a suggestion again below tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g187080-i1018-k2697…

My main point as before is that the area doesn't have a great deal in the vicinity of the site that would keep you occupied for a 2 week holiday (always assuming that's what you're doing) so a car would be the best option

The fare from the local station to the site quoted in this thread is 15 euros for three miles.

Merseyside
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Labenne Ocean, Sylvamar

Thanks for your interest, I have received a reply from Biarritz taxis and they will charge 45/50 euros. I have now asked them if they have a taxi (minibus) big enough to take all of us plus luggage and what the cost will be. When I find out I will put it on Trip Advisor and hopefully be of help to others.

AlanC.

8. Re: Labenne Ocean, Sylvamar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2010, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Biarritz