We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Biarritz To San Sebastian

Which Biarritz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Biarritz To San Sebastian

Hello,

Arriving in Biarritz Airport @16.00 March 29 want to get to San Sebastian A S A P. Have looked @ French rail web site train @ 21.07 A 5 hour wait also checked bus transfer 2 hour wait.

Would appreciate any info please.

Slainte.

Baile Bologna.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,927 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Biarritz To San Sebastian

This question is asked very often.

You might need a taxi from the airport to Biarritz station; I don't have the bus details to hand.

From Biarritz take the SNCF train to Hendaye.

From Hendaye take the EUSKOTREN train to San Sebastian. These trains run every 30 minutes and you can get details at www.euskotren.es - this is a private railway and does not show up on international journey planners.

NB on the Euskotren site San Sebastian is referred to as Donostia, the city name in the local language.

The EUSKOTREN station at Hendaye is next to the main station. Make sure you have some coins for the ticket, as there is quite often only a ticket machine and no humans there.

There are four trains going from Biarritz to Hendaye between 1700 and 1800hrs on Mondays. I don't know where you were looking.

www.voyages-sncf.com will confirm those times.

I hope that helps.

Edited: 16 March 2010, 09:49
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Biarritz To San Sebastian

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I will check the w e b sites for info.

Slainte,

Baile Bologna

3. Re: Train from Biarritz To San Sebastian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Biarritz