We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Biarritz

Portsmouth, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Weather in Biarritz

We really like the idea of going to Biarritz the last 2 weeks of August next year, but we have never been that far south in France before and we really don't know what the weather is like. We have heard it rains a lot ??.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weather in Biarritz

thank you, you're a wealth of information.

One last question not related to weather, while I was reading up on Biarritz I found a piece on a photographer who now has a small shop in Biarritz selling prints and old cameras etc... however I have forgotten his name and where his shop was. I also cannot find the site I read this on (or else I was dreaming!) I know its not much to go on but have you (or anyone) heard of this man?

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Weather in Biarritz

I found him! Jêrôme Dimitri

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Weather in Biarritz

I did not know him so just as well that you remembered the info.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,559 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Weather in Biarritz

LindaM I agree that some internet weathersites are not reliable or want to post a favourable view for tourism purposes. Surf sites on the other hand look for bad conditions for tourism in order to reap the surf rewards of storms etc.

2 sites that I regularly use for surf (weather) reports are :

1. surf-forecast.com

2. windguru

What I can say for Biarritz is that generally speaking conditions are good-there are too many outdoor restaurants to prove otherwise !

Cheers Ross

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Weather in Biarritz

thank you bowenarrow I will check those sites out.

16. Re: Weather in Biarritz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:40
Get answers to your questions about Biarritz