We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Ruisseau

Which Biarritz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Le Ruisseau

Hi,

We are travelling to the campsite Le Ruisseau in June. Are there any good restaurants nearby? Also can anyone advise how far the airport is? And finally, is the campsite 'safe' for teen girls?

Dan and Mary

nottingham
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Ruisseau

There are 2 good restaurants nearby - although its been a year since we went and we are going back next week so i'll double check they are still open. The first is called the August and is in bidart facing the beach - turn right off the main road before the beach, its brill and our favourite, the second is in the village back up the road from the campsite right on the junction where you turn down to le ruisseau, never got there last year but will try this year. there is a couple on the site called Jan and John and they live there and have mobiles that they rent out for the season, they are an english couple and great for local advise - look them up. Hope you have a lovely time, its a super site. helen

North East England
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Ruisseau

We have stayed nearby in 2004 and are going to Le Ruisseau in July. Site and area are very safe for whole family, no yobs!

igd
Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Ruisseau

Just wondered how you got on at Le Ruisseau. we are thinking of booking it for next year and would love to hear some feedback

nottingham
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Ruisseau

We enjoyed our second visit in May although I think the second time is never as good as the first. The area is lovely but I would advise that the new balneo/water area that wasn't finished when we went is now open and by all accounts expensive! You only have to pay if you visit in july/aug but I think its €4 per person per day/afternoon and it incorporates our favourite indoor pool. Other than that its still a nice site.

North East England
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Ruisseau

We all enjoyed our time at Le Ruisseau, the pool being the highlight for my 10 year old.

This site has far more English/Irish than other sites I've been to, which was another bonus for the kids.

igd
Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Ruisseau

Do you have any more info on the couple you met on the site who rent out mobiles. Did you stay in one of theirs or the sites own accomodation. Thanks

galway,ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Ruisseau

hi

i am considering travelling to le ruisseau in june with my 3 children, 12,9,6 and would love to know what you thought of the resort, is it easy enough to get to and was it suitable for a family holiday

any help would be great

thanks

colleen

North East England
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Ruisseau

Yeah it's a great resort, see previous replies.

It's easy enough to get to, however most people either come in a car or hire one once there.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Le Ruisseau

Thinking of going here last 2 weeks in June, flying Ryanair into Biarritz, then hire a car,Has any 1 any info on Holiday parks in the area, travelling with 2 kids 12& 13

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
147 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Le Ruisseau

www.lmcdholidays.com is jan & johns site. €400 i paid for 9 nights in june keycamp wanted €1090.