We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Biarritz airport to Bayonne

Banbridge
4 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Biarritz airport to Bayonne

What travel means are available between Biarritz airport and Bayonne train station? Which would you recommend and how long is the journey?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,898 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Biarritz airport to Bayonne

Bus or taxi. It's only a few minutes.

Bus times at www.chronoplus.eu look for route (ligne) C which runs about every half hour on weekdays and Saturdays, less often on Sundays. The station is just across the river from the Bayonne Mairie or you can change to one of the several other routes to complete the journey..

chronoplus.eu/ftp/…Fiche_horaire_LigneC.pdf

Website can be seen partly in English if needed. Click the flag at the top right hand corner.

Things are different in summer however.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Biarritz airport to Bayonne

What time of day and year are you travelling? Allow plenty of time if you are travelling during 'rush hour' as the bus will take the route along Avenue de Bayonne and Avenue d'Espagne - there is sometimes a lot of congestion along here.

Banbridge
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Biarritz airport to Bayonne

Due to travel on 13th May 2013. We arrive ib Biarritz airport at 3.30pm and hope to catch the last train to St jean Pied de Port that evening.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,898 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Biarritz airport to Bayonne

That's a Monday, the last train goes at 1807 according to the new timetable . You might even make the 1455, although I would take a taxi for that one if time is a bit tight. I would probably have a late lunch first though and catch the later train.

You would make it easily by bus except in the case of a severe delay to your flight.

May still counts as winter of course, so those bus times will still apply.

Brentwood Essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Biarritz airport to Bayonne

Hi

I'm walking the Camino from St Jean De Pied port to Santiago and I arrive by plane on Saturday the 7th September.could anybody tell me where I can get the bus to Bayonne train station and the times of buses about midday?

I've walked a few parts of the Camino before but never the whole route-getting excited about the trip

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Biarritz airport to Bayonne

After you leave the airport turn left out of the doors and there is a bus stop on the pavement. You need Line C thought hey haven't yet released winter schedules: http://www.chronoplus.eu

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,898 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Biarritz airport to Bayonne

Do be aware that the only trains on Saturdays from Bayonne to St Jean Pied de Port are at 07.45, 10.48, 14.55 and 18.07.

There is no bus service to St Jean Pied de Port.

8. Re: Travel from Biarritz airport to Bayonne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Biarritz