We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visitor - things not to be missed

Which Biarritz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
453 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
First time visitor - things not to be missed

Excuse my multiple posts this afternoon!

Whats not to be missed?

We are a family of 4 (2 x adults, 2 x children (9,8)) looking for cheap/free things to do/see in Biarritz........any ideas? We have a car and happy to travel.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visitor - things not to be missed

I would suggest a drive into the Basque countryside. Maybe Saint Jean Pied de Port and then over a col into Spain (search these forums, there are many other threads with route ideas).

There is a nice train that goes from Sare to the top of La Rhune mountain but you have to pay for it: http://www.rhune.com/fr/index.aspx

Alternatively you could walk to the top.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
453 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visitor - things not to be missed

thank you, i've printed out the details of the railway - my children will love that.

Biarritz, France
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time visitor - things not to be missed

There are many cheap things to do in Biarritz and around. One of my favourites is to go to the lighthouse and have a drink there, the views are spectacular. Also in Anglet there´s this nature park called Izadia and maybe the kids can enjoy a walk over there, is not too big but it has two small lakes (one of them with sea water) and the beach and MacDonalds are near by. If you are a street art / grafitti lover there are wonderful spots to admire the local skills.

4. Re: First time visitor - things not to be missed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:17