We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domme vs Beynac

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
710 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Domme vs Beynac

Which do you prefer? I know they both have "the most beautiful villages" designation but is one more quaint than the other? less touristy? more restaurants? prettier in your opinion? etc. Thanks.

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domme vs Beynac

They are both lovely, as you already know - Both are small hill-top towns, quaint and pretty. If I had to make a choice I would probably go towards Domme : good dining options, interesting shops, lovely views, historic etc. During tourist season there will be more people during the day in both, but neither feels over-run by visitors. I haven't spent much time in Beynac (drive through/short stop so maybe someone who has can respond to his/her take on the town. You probably can't go wrong with either choice

jhgrady

West Yorkshire
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Domme vs Beynac

This may be an old thread, but as has been said both are beautiful. Beynac is a traffic nightmare in summer and parking can be a problem. Beynac is actually on the side of the River Dordogne with the castle up the hill. Domme is at the top of a hill and has a few more shops and restaurants I think. There are also caves there, and a link to the Knights Templar. Wouldn't like to have to choose between them as they both have good and bad points, but love them both.

3. Re: Domme vs Beynac

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Dordogne