We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beynac - Hotel Bonnet or Hotel du Chateau

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
980 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Beynac - Hotel Bonnet or Hotel du Chateau

I am trying to contact Hotel Bonnet in Beynac to check rates and availability in June/July but the email keeps rejecting. Does anyone have a current email for them. Has anyone been there recently who can comment on the accommodation.

My other option is the Hotel du Chateau. Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,332 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beynac - Hotel Bonnet or Hotel du Chateau

I stayed at the Hotel Bonnet about 10 years ago and loved it. At that time it felt like it had not changed in any way for at many years so I doubt it has had a major makeover. I am pretty sure I booked my visit by telephone and possibly confirmed by fax. My old guidebook says the Bonnet closes between November and March so it is possible they do not check their emails regularly at the moment.

A friend of mine stayed at the Hotel du Chateau about 5 years ago and said it was a very nice hotel. I think it might have a pool and it is more in the centre of the little town although distances are so small the locations of the two are much of a muchness. If you stauy there then go to the Bonnet for dinner or lunch some time. Also go to lunch at the Hotel Esplanade in Domme and try to get a table on the terrace - you should probably book that.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,332 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beynac - Hotel Bonnet or Hotel du Chateau

I noticed that the old website they had a few years ago no longer seems to be operative - I hope the Bonnet hasn't closed, or closed for a major renovation

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beynac - Hotel Bonnet or Hotel du Chateau

I checked my most recent Michelin red guide (2005)as well as the Green Guide for dordgogne(also 2005)-neither mentions Bonnet. The Michelin Guide lists Les Relais des Cinq Chateaux

(e-mail: 5chateaux@perigord.com) (phone: 0553303072)

In another guide ( from 2002) Hotel Bonnet is listed with a telephone number : 0553295001

jhgrady

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
980 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beynac - Hotel Bonnet or Hotel du Chateau

Thanks for that info. I did eventually find some information that the Hotel Bonnet is closed until March. Unfortunately this leaves it a bit late for me. I have another good possibility of a house in the town of Beynac that I am pursuing and if that does not come off I will book a few nights at the Chateau du Beynac (my prefered dates are no longer available and limited accommodation) or the Hotel Pontet, It seems to be such a cute town and I really want to stay there so will see what happens.

5. Re: Beynac - Hotel Bonnet or Hotel du Chateau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 01:18