We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cave Reservations- September

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
53 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Cave Reservations- September

Hello:

My husband and I will be in the Dordogne in early September, and would love to visit Font De Gaume. We've had terrible luck getting a reply to our emails/phone calls. I know others have gotten reservations, so I hoped people could share the contact information they used, perhaps what we have is out of date?

Ideally we'd love to visit the caves after lunch on the day we drive in to the area from St. Emilion.

If we cannot go to those caves, is there a second cave that you would suggest instead? I'd prefer something authentic and not overly touristy, if possible.

Many Thanks in Advance--

Erin

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cave Reservations- September

are you staying in a hotel in the area- If so you might contact them and ask about setting up a reservation for you; we have done this in the past. If you need an english tour be sure to let your contact know.

jhgrady

Clarksburg...
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cave Reservations- September

I also posted on your other posting. Please try sending e-mail to...

bernadette.seixas@monuments-nationaux.fr

We made our reservation and paid 7.50 Euro each ahead of time with no problem.We visited total seven caves. I would recommend Pech Merle and Rouffingnac are the ones worth to see for cave paintings. Don't worry there are plenty of choices of caves to see.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
53 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cave Reservations- September

Thanks everyone for your advice and feedback-- we leave in a few days and are so excited to see this beautiful area.

4. Re: Cave Reservations- September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 01:16