We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buggs car hire

Which Bergerac hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,766 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Buggs car hire

I am having trouble booking a hire car from Limoges airport, starting on a Saturday in June, as the Hertz/Avis offices are either closed all day or close early on Saturdays. However, I have noticed that a new hire company has appeared on the Limoges airport website, and that is Buggs. I think, previously, they have only operated from Bergerac airport.

I am a little nervous booking with them as they are obviously very new and very small. I would welcome any feedback from people who may have booked with them in the past.

69 replies to this topic
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Buggs car hire

I just used them from Bergerac Airport, based on another TripAdvisor comment. Perfect service, easy to use, friendly, no hard sell on extra insurance. From arrival at their office it took about 3 minutes until I was in the car driving away....

Amersham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Buggs car hire

Buggs car hire seemed like a good find to us until we got to Bergerac only to find their idea of a 'medium'car was a Toyota Yaris' - voted small car of the year sometime ago. Forgot to give us the satnav and had to come running across car park as we were trying to squash our three bags into the car. We then discovered we had no way of mounting the satnav. So another trip across car park, just as they were closing up.

After 10 days driving around it is feeling pretty squashed in here and the car is pretty abysmal to drive any distance in. Next time of booking I shall make sure what size small, medium and large means in a car hire company's description! Buggs employees at Bergerac were no better and no worse than any other car hire firm, just hand you keys and point you in the direction of where the car is.

Villeneuve-sur-Lot...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Buggs car hire

Just got back from Kentucky in the US of A, went to Avis and treated my self to a Chevrolet Camaro SS, lovely retro muscle car and had great fun for a week posing around, would recommend anyone going to the States to treat themselves to something similar and great service from Avis.

36Mary....sounds like a horrendous experience with Buggs!!! absolutely awful, must have spoilt your whole holiday??............ just one thing though, whenever I have hired a car from Buggs I have always taken time to study their car groups carefully, always making sure that I hire a suitable size vehicle.

I have just looked on their website again and their mid-size range contains Clios, Rios and Yaris. These I would regard as neither small nor large, so I guess you would call them mid?? All the full car descriptions is on clearly on their web-site, so you obviously did not look.

Did you travel to the UK airport in a similar size car to what you were hiring in Bergerac??? I guess not?? So why hire a car that you know will be too small?? were you hoping for an upgrade to a larger car if you made enough fuss???

Incidentally, the Toyota Yaris was voted 'small' car of the year in the year 2000, since then it has undergone many changes, about 3ft loner and a foot wider and I would dispute that anybody would regard it as a small car anymore??!!! and no I dont think you hired a 2000 model from Buggs, think you will find all their cars are current models and are changed before they are a year old!!

As far as their service is concerned and I have stated it eleswhere here....I can only say they have always been courteous, helpful, smiley and more importantly they are there!!! unlike the rest.......

So, please 36Mary give em a break, your fault for choosing the wrong car, you got what you asked for, you were the one that booked it!! Then because you did not get your free upgrade you were obviously fishing for you got the hump!!........

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Buggs car hire

We hired a car from Buggs in September based on the good customer feed back and very competitive price.

We were not disappointed, indeed we were very impressed with the service, from obtaining the initial quote to after sales care. Unlike with the big companies there was no fuss or delays when collecting or returning the car. However what really stood out for me was the after sales care. I left an item in the car and when I returned home I contacted Buggs to see if they had found the item and if it was possible to return it to me. They found it and posted it back to me straight away. Excellent service and so I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Reading, United...
1 post
Save Reply
45. Re: Buggs car hire

I used them and they are great !

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
46. Re: Buggs car hire

I have used Buggs at Bergerac and would have no hesitation in using them. They are a small independent company but offer an excellent service, having found a niche where the big rental companies don't have the same flexibility (such as their opening hours). Cars are very good, service is excellent.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Buggs car hire

Hi I have used this car hire company from bergerac, they were very good, and they were there when we returned the car, which is more than can be said from the other hire companies. We used them on recommendation from friends who live in France .

I am about to book car hire with them again.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Buggs car hire

We used the last year. They were great, it's run by a young guy and yes it is a small company but we had no problems. He is part of a family who now live in France but originally from UK, his mother runs B&B near Orador-sur-Glane. I would have no problem recommending them.

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Buggs car hire

We have personally used Buggs on several occasions and have also had enough confidence to recommend them to guests who rent our holiday home. Never had any negative experiences and on a recent trip one of our guests had to change their departure dates due to French air traffic control strike and Buugs were very understanding and helpful.

We have hired their classic sports option for a couple of days and on the last occasion there was small niggle with the car and they immediately sorted out the issue.

Would not hesitate to recommend booking Buggs.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
459 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Buggs car hire

Isn't it time we ended this year-long+ forum discussion on Buggs Car Hire now? It seems to me to be bordering on promotion when these posts keep cropping up spasmodically. If people have a review of their service, they should feel free to write a review, not post it in the Forum.

Reply to: Buggs car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted